Hopefully I will have a whole host of guest blogs on here at some point or another, today its my Fiance's turn to show us what she is made of.
Kris: One of my favorite dishes is Cordon Bleu but due to Chris having a Gluten Intolerance I can't use bread crumbs or flour, also we are trying to keep the carbs on the lower side so I added a bacon wrap to the recipe to give it a crunchy coating, I used smoked bacon to add flavor to the dish and I used a cream cheese and chive stuffing for the chicken.
- 2 Whole chicken breast fillets
- 100 Grams full fat cream cheese (Philadelphia will work)
- 1 Table spoon chopped chives (fresh preferably)
- 2 Bulbs, finely chopped garlic
- 4 pieces of smoked bacon (any veriaty/cut)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Make a pocket in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Mix the chives, garlic and cream cheese and spoon into each breast fillet.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon and then brush with a little olive oil.
- Place into a baking tray or dish and cook for 20-30 mins depending on the oven.
- Serve and enjoy.
Chris: I really enjoyed this, I suggested to Chris to combine with a basic garden salad with some grated carrot and radish and spice it up plus a very basic dressing. the ingredients are below.
Spicy Sweet Garden Salad
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced into medallions
- 3 Whole tomatoes chopped into slices
- A bag of mixed leaf salad including rocket (we got ours from the farmers market)
- 1 Small Carrot grated
- 2-3 Radishes grated and 1 for garnish chopped
- 2-3 Table spoons of olive oil
- 1/2 Tea spoon of salt
- 1/2 Tea spoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Juice of lemon